‘DURA rods’ is a closed cell polymer based product with a circular profile. it ensures stronger bonding of sealant with masonry, aluminum or other substrates & helps to maintain desired thickness of sealant at the joint’s centre. it does not bond with cold applied sealants. It is used as a back - up to sealants in expansion joints and structural glazing systems.
Features & Benefits
- Closed cell, hence negligible water / moisture absorption
- Excellent chemical resistance - Inert to most acids and alkalis
- Cost - effective space filler
- Allows unrestrained expansion & contraction of sealants. Eliminates bubbling of sealant.
- Non - staining - Reduces sealant consumption
- Pre - cast panel joints
- Glazing joints Isolation joints
- Coping joints
- Dynamic joints in masonry etc.
- Contraction joints
- Window and door frame perimeters
- Expansion joints
- Control joints
- Back-up to sealant in structural glazing systems